Next time you turn on your television to watch the news, download your favourite episode on your set top box, or stream that must-see programme to your iPhone, pause and ask yourself, how does that content get to my device?
Well, that is what we do. We are the ones behind the scene. We are the invisible pipe. We work 24/7 on behalf of big brand television channels and help deliver their content to your favourite device, through satellite, broadcast, internet and apps.
We recruit smart individuals, give them the best training available and look after them well. They in turn become heroes of our business by looking after our customers with passion, dedication and integrity.
The recent acquisition of new television networks has opened up an opportunity for a Graduate Account Manager to join the team to receive training to manage key accounts and drive commercial revenue.
The training programme on offer would suit a candidate looking to learn about technology in the broadcast television space including:
- Scheduling and EPG software
- Playout and delivery infrastructure
- Video on demand workflows
- Edit and compliance systems for UK distribution
- People management
- Pitching for new business and preparing quotations as required
- Managing a portfolio of clients for current and future business needs
This role may require national and international travel.
The successful candidate will be joining a team of broadcast professionals with a wealth of industry experience in a dynamic workplace environment.
- Collaborate with management to identify commercial opportunities with new and existing customers
- Present content ideas and solutions that highlight ABS Broadcast’s technical capabilities and infrastructure
- Ensure high visibility at industry events
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue targets.
A full training programme will be provided to the candidate from the ABS team to achieve these targets.
Candidate Profile Required:
Lastly, the candidate will be customer-focused, and be a self-motivated, detail-oriented and analytical individual who can also thrive in a team environment to reach commercial targets.
The successful candidate will ideally be educated to a degree level with 2.1 in a relevant subject.
- Educated to a relevant degree level
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Knowledge of MS Office, especially Word and PowerPoint
- Eagerness to learn and work with new systems
- Effective time management and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own workload
- Strong ability to work with engineering support to match technical solutions with channel requirements
- The ability to demonstrate initiative and work flexibly and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team
- Ability to develop rapport with new and existing customers
- Confident presentation skills
- Dedicated to achieving commercial targets
- A genuine passion for broadcast television.
- Report to: Account Manager
- Salary: Up to £25k in the first year, plus bonus
- Benefits: Workplace pension scheme
- Location: Park Royal, London, NW10 7PA.
Please email CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org