Next time you turn on your television to watch the news, download your favourite episode on your set top box, or stream that must-see programme to your iPhone, pause and ask yourself, how does that content get to my device?
Well, that is what we do. We are the ones behind the scene. We are the invisible pipe. We work 24/7 on behalf of big brand television channels and help deliver their content to your favourite device, through satellite, broadcast, internet and apps.
We recruit smart individuals, give them the best training available and look after them well. They in turn become heroes of our business by looking after our customers with passion, dedication and integrity.
This role would suit a candidate with an interest in television content management, scheduling and project management within the broadcast environment.
You will be the first point of contact for many of our channels, whilst managing multiple deadlines and projects simultaneously.
The Channel Coordinator has three main responsibilities:
1. Managing daily channel programming
You will be responsible for managing the first stage of the broadcast process; creating the programme plans and managing content as and when required.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Creating programme plans
- Ensuring all content data is maintained according to ABS procedures and best business practices.
- Manage the naming, logging and metadata for content, as well as assisting with segmentation where required.
- Managing multiple deadlines, ensuring that content is received from clients, processed and exported
2. Assisting with daily channel scheduling
When needed, assist the Scheduling Manager with daily channel EPGs and Playlists.
- Creating fixed-point charts (FPCs), electronic programme guides (EPGs) and transmission playlists for a range of clients
- Liaising with platforms (e.g. Sky, Virgin, Freeview etc)
- Creating playlists including placing and checking adverts and promotional material
- Reporting transmission errors and identifying and resolving problems.
3. Project managing channel developments
Manage all development projects for current and new channels. You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the project, from implementation through to closure.
Examples of current projects:
- Channel launches
- Scheduling developments for channels & staff training
- Implementing on-screen graphics for channel
- Assisting with the development and testing of ABS’s own scheduling software
Candidate Profile Required:
- Educated to relevant degree level
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel, including the use of macros
- Data entry and administration skills
- Eagerness to learn and work with new systems
- Effective time management and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own workload
- The ability to demonstrate initiative, work flexibly and adapt to changing circumstances
- Strong leadership skills and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team
- A diplomatic and professional manner
- A genuine passion for television.
Report to: Scheduling Manager and Head of Broadcast Operations
Salary: Up to £25k in the first year, dependent upon experience and performance
Benefits: Workplace pension scheme
Location: Park Royal, London, NW10 7PA.
Please email CV and cover letter to: email@example.com