ABS Broadcast is one of the largest independently owned playout and television facilities companies in Europe.
The home of the ABSolute Delivery Platform, ABS manages the transmission and technical requirement of many major television channels globally.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor and the Head of Broadcast Operations you will work 12 hour shifts (3 days/3 nights/3 off) in a busy MCR and have responsibility for the playout, delivery and monitoring of several linear and non-linear television channels.
You will learn to take on the following responsibilities:
- Supervision of ingest levels – all for optimum playout performance
- Monitoring of current client playlists, responding to requests for insertions/deletions/changes
- Managing VOD content preparation and delivery
- Managing incoming feeds for turnaround and record for later insertion in playlist(s)
- Making minor editing changes to content (T.C. In/T.C. Out, etc)
- Coping calmly, logically, and professionally with “on air” emergencies
- Dealing with different control room personnel along broadcast chain
- Analysing and sorting playout problems and calling in engineers when needed
- Gain minimum user level proficiency on the various tools available in the broadcast environment e.g. Auto QC, Transcoders, Edit, Loudness correction etc.
- Dealing with clients in a professional and timely manner
- Receiving and handling majority of incoming telephone calls to the MCR
- Reporting, daily and incidents, to Management and to Clients as and when needed.
Media, Broadcast or Engineering Degree
- Ability to problem solve without delay in a highly pressurised environment
- High standard of written and spoken English language
- Good level of numeracy
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Intermediate level of MS Office
- Starting salary £20k (potential progression to £23k after 1 year)
Please email CV and cover letter to: email@example.com